Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Task # 6


I don't have to do these in order, do I? I thought I would tackle the IM task next.

I think it would be fun to try out Instant Messaging at the reference desk. The reference librarians have already been practicing their IM skills. We could implement IM reference on a trial basis in house by starting with our study room occupants. Tent signs could be placed in the study rooms encouraging patrons to send us IM reference questions. Inviting Annex users and new WIFI applicants would provide us with additional test subjects. Patrons could add PVLD reference to their buddy lists for "instant" access to information. Initiating this service on a small scale would enable us to work out the bugs before launching it District wide. Just a thought . . .

reflibrar (9:21:09 AM):
Hi there . . . do you have a message for me?
Auto Response from PVLD2007 (9:21:10 AM): Congratulations! You have successfully sent an Instant Message. Please copy and paste this text into your blog.

No comments: